Marketing and Communications Manager
Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. have an exciting newly created opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team!
Parkerville Children and Youth Care is a Place of Hope.
For more than a century, we have been supporting vulnerable children, young people and their families with specialist advocacy, therapeutic services, education and employment training, and out of home care. We have been in awe of their resilience and willingness to keep trying to engage and connect, to conquer their fears and bounce back to claim their identity and purpose, and to create a better future for themselves and us all.
We believe that together we can build a community where all children and young people feel safe to dream, to thrive, and to reach their fullest potential.
Consistent with our organisation’s purpose, the Marketing and Communications Manager plays a key role in the management and engagement of Parkerville Children and Youth Care’s communications, marketing and brand strategy. Reporting to the Executive Manager Strategy and Business Development, the Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for coordinating and delivering a range of high-quality outputs including content creation, marketing campaigns, graphic design, digital marketing and social media management.
The key focus of this position also includes the leading the campaign management process from strategic planning, development, execution and delivery including development and distribution of all communication including but not limited to: messages, creative content and collateral materials to support multi-channel campaigns.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will oversee Parkerville’s strategic marketing through a number of activities, such as:
- Develop, implement and coordinate Parkerville Children and Youth Care’s marketing and communications strategies across all platforms, in collaboration with the Strategy and Development Team, to generate income, strengthen community engagement and respond to key strategic objectives including lead generation (acquisition) and ongoing donor engagement (retention).
- Develop and Implement multi-channel direct marketing fundraising campaigns including digital and direct mail.
- Hold the responsibility for day-to-day campaign management, inclusive of agency briefs, data briefs, timeline management, reviewing of quotes to ensure campaigns are delivered to budget.
- Responsible for agency management to produce campaign proposition and content, and post-campaign analysis, evaluation and reporting against Key Performance Indicators.
- Contribute to the promotion and consistent use of the Parkerville Children and Youth Care brand by supporting internal and external stakeholders to adhere to style guidelines, use a consistent voice, brand language and key messages.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will also support the Strategy and Development team with the delivery of an integrated plan for donor and supporter communications materials and assist in the development and creation of case studies, testimonials, and editorial for direct mail and magazines.
In addition to excellent written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information in a simple and compelling fashion, the following skills and experience are essential:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Advertising or related field are preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in similar role, preferably within the Not for Profit sector.
- Experience in media management including the development of media releases, briefing documents and responding to media enquiries.
- Extensive experience planning and executing fundraising campaigns across traditional in-person formats and through enhanced virtual platforms.
- Proven experience in driving (and optimizing) high-performing marketing programs.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to evolving priorities.
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Confident communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of delivery, results orientation and bias for action.
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to succeed in high intensity environment.
- Proficient digital, data, marketing, insight and relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising platforms, CRM and proficiency in Office and Adobe suites
Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. is uniquely positioned to provide the successful applicant with the following benefits:
- A competitive remuneration based on demonstrated skills and experience,
- A well-appointed office environment,
- Salary Packaging of up to $15,900
- Access to discounted health insurance plans.
For any job-related enquiries, please contact Ra Stewart, Executive Manager Strategy and Business Development, on 0408 077 990 during business hours.
To apply, please visit Marketing and Communications Manager (parkerville.org.au) to review the Job Description and download an Employment Application Form. Then submit your:
- Completed Employment Application Form
- Cover letter and statement addressing the criteria (a maximum of 4 x A-4 pages) outlining your skills, knowledge and experience in relation to the essential criteria contained within the Job Description
- A CV / Resume
Applications should be submitted no later than 4:00pm, Friday 23 April 2021. Applications will be dealt with as they are received. We reserve the right to close the position earlier.
Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in September 2019.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
Our recruitment and selection processes reflect this commitment and will include criminal records and reference checks for successful applicants.
It is essential that all applicants meet the above criteria and are permitted to work and remain in Australia with no limitations.