Our Trauma Assessment and Treatment Service offers individual counselling and specialist assessment to children, young people, parents/carers and families. This important service provides a range of interventions aimed at improving family functioning and specialises in the treatment of trauma related issues.
All of our clinicians are Psychologists, many of whom have clinical speciality and experience in working with children, young people and families specialising in the area of abuse.
Who can receive support and treatment?
We provide services to children, young people, parents/ carers and families who have witnessed or experienced:
- Domestic violence
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Have been exposed to significant tension or stress within the family
- Demonstrate challenging, concerning or risk-taking behaviors
Each of our clients will undergo comprehensive assessments from our friendly team. Our Psychologists design an individualised treatment plan for each of our clients and discusses treatment objectives and processes.
Treatment strategies are evidenced based where possible including:
- Relaxation training
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive re-processing
- Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Skills Training (problem solving, anger management, social skills, parenting, behaviour management)
Our Therapeutic Family Services team are able to provide group programmes for children and young people including:Protective Behaviours: a personal safety programme which empowers people to deal with difficult situations.
- Protective Behaviours: a personal safety programme which empowers people to deal with difficult situations
- Other Group Programmes are available upon request, such as: Young Adolescent Girls Child Sexual Abuse Treatment Group, Parenting Support Group for those with children who have experienced sexual abuse, Seasons for Growth, The Cool Kids Anxiety Programme, PASH with a Twist and Aussie Optimism.
- Department for Child Protection
- Via other agencies
This service is offered on a fee-paying basis of $180 per session. However, we will bulk bill those clients with a MHCP from their GP. Clients will have no ‘out of pocket expense’ for the service.