Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in November 2016.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
Our recruitment and selection processes reflect this commitment and will include criminal records and reference checks for successful applicants.
Our Out of Home Care programme provides a holistic, multi-disciplinary and therapeutic care service for vulnerable children. Our aim, as a team of committed staff, is to bring healing and growth to children’s lives.
We need your help to care for these children & young people and seek applications for the positions of:
Professional Therapeutic Carers – Full Time
Perth Metro, Midwest & Gascoyne Regions
These exciting and highly valued roles will see you:
Working as a primary carer (ideally suit couples) with no dependent children;
- Work in a 24/7 ‘live in’ position within our Family Group Homes;
- Each fortnight you will work for 11 days on then have 3 days off, when we will provide you with respite cover;
- Enjoy accommodation benefits or a fully furnished house, payment of utilities and the use of a fully maintained vehicle;
- Undertake specialist training and support by programme staff so that you can be confident and effective in your role;
- Work with and be part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Receive a competitive salary and extensive salary packaging;
- Benefit from generous annual leave and respite entitlements.
To be considered for these roles, you must have experience either in or directly relevant to this type of work and be able to genuinely demonstrate empathy, guidance, respect and patience at all times. It is imperative you are able to work with minimum supervision and be highly self-motivated in these demanding, yet rewarding, roles.
Please see the the job description and download the application form to apply for this role.
To apply please submit:
- Our completed job application form
- Your covering letter
- Your CV or resume
For further job related information please contact Sean Hendry on (08) 9290 1200 during office hours.
It is essential that all applicants meet the above criteria and are permitted to work and remain in Australia with no limitations.
Sean Hendry – Programme Manager
Telephone: (08) 9290 1200