Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in December 2016.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
Our recruitment and selection processes reflect this commitment and will include criminal records and reference checks for successful applicants.
Our Out of Home Care programme provides a holistic, multi-disciplinary and therapeutic care service for vulnerable children. Our aim, as a team of committed staff, is to bring healing and growth to children’s lives.
Full Time on a Fixed Term Contract
In the role of Respite Carer you will work in partnership with the primary Professional Therapeutic Carer in the direct care of and support to children in our Family Group Homes.
- Provide relief on a continuous roster (weekend cover on a fortnightly basis and support hours on weekdays during afternoon and night time);
- Provide coverage of the primary carers’ leave absences;
- Work with and be part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Receive specialist training and support by programme staff so that you can be confident and effective in your role;
- Receive a competitive salary with extensive salary packaging options;
- Benefit from generous annual leave.
To be considered for this role, you must have experience either in or directly relevant to this type of work and be able to genuinely demonstrate empathy, guidance, respect and patience at all times. It is imperative you are able to work with minimum supervision and be highly self-motivated in this demanding, yet rewarding, role.
For further information please contact Ojisi Charlie on 08 9964 8690.
Applications must be submitted by COB on Friday, 15 September 2017.
It is essential that all applicants meet the above criteria and are permitted to work and remain in Australia with no limitations.
For further information please contact
Ojisi Charlie on 08 9964 8690