Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in November 2016.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
Our recruitment and selection processes reflect this commitment and will include criminal records and reference checks for successful applicants.
In the role of Respite Carer you will work in partnership with the primary Professional Therapeutic Carer in the direct care of and support to children in our Family Group Homes in Geraldton or Carnarvon.
- Provide relief on a continuous roster (3 day weekend cover on a fortnightly basis and support hours on weekdays during afternoon and night time);
- Provide coverage of the primary carers’ leave absences (6 weeks per year);
- Work with and be part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Receive specialist training and support by programme staff so that you can be confident and effective in your role;
- Receive a competitive salary with salary packaging options;
- Benefit from generous annual leave.
To be considered for this role, you must have experience either in or directly relevant to this type of work and be able to genuinely demonstrate empathy, guidance, respect and patience at all times. It is imperative you are able to work with minimum supervision and be highly self-motivated in this demanding, yet rewarding, role.
For further information please contact Ojisi Charlie on 08 9964 8690.
Applications must be submitted by COB on Wednesday, 28 February 12018.
It is essential that all applicants meet the above criteria and are permitted to work and remain in Australia with no limitations.
Telephone: 08 9964 8690.