As Team Leader in our Young Women’s Programme you will be responsible for the development, management and coordination of holistic support plans for a client group of young women. The position works with other professional staff and external organisations in the delivery and review of plans that seek to bring healing and growth to clients lives.
The successful applicant will work within a supportive and therapeutic environment where young women and their children are guided both emotionally and practically in order for them to achieve their personal goals. The position will be responsible for case management of clients who are placed in the Young Women’s Programme including participation in the after-hours/on-call service across the Out of Home Care Directorate on a rostered basis.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Formal qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or related field;
- Understanding and experience in case management and advocacy for children, youth and their families;
- Knowledge of child development;
- Ability to communicate with and respond to, children, youth and families and to maintain boundaries;
- Ability to lead and manage a team of support staff;
- Experience in supervision, performance review and management processes;
- Ability to document and report incidents and behaviour succinctly and objectively.
In return there is an attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary;
- A fully maintained car for business and personal use (a small contribution to costs is required);
- Salary packaging options and access to discounted health insurance plans;
- 5 weeks annual leave;
- Opportunities for professional development.
For further job-related information please call Jo Collins on 08 9290 1200 during office hours.
To apply please review the job description form then submit your:
- Completed employment application form
- Covering letter
- CV or resume
Applications must be submitted by COB Friday, 25 January 2019.
Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in November 2016.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
Our recruitment and selection processes reflect this commitment and will include criminal records and reference checks for successful applicants.
It is essential that all applicants meet the above criteria and are permitted to work and remain in Australia with no limitations.
Jo Collins on 08 9290 1200 during office hours.