The MOMO Programme was established in 2007 to develop strategies to gain the best outcomes for young people aged 15-21 years, who are homeless and residing in post crisis accommodation.
For Young people, MOMO will provide:
- Opportunities to work toward long term accommodation goals
- Access to services which can resolve issues that the young person is concerned about
- An adult to assist with motivation to gain access to employment, education and training which meets the young person’s individual needs and capabilities
- Assistance to re-establish relationships with family (if appropriate) and friends
- Support to deal with outstanding issues such as court appearances, train fines or access to medical treatment
- Advocacy on young people’s behalf with government, not for profit agencies and the public sector
- Assistance with issues as they arise such as sexuality, substance abuse and the juvenile justice system
- Support to the young person no matter where they reside within the South East Metro area of Perth.
For Service Providers, MOMO will:
- Work collaboratively and proactively with all service providers to assist young people to reach their goals.
Box 11, Cale House
52 The Crescent
Midland WA 6056