Reconnect is a free, voluntary, confidential programme which works to prevent young people aged 12-18 years from becoming homeless through providing support to young people and their families. The service works with 56 young people and their families throughout the year and whom reside in the Shire of Kalamunda, Town of Victoria Park, City of Belmont and the City of Swan.
Reconnect provides an outreach service to both young people and their families. Staff can meet the young person and or family where they wish. Some may like to catch up at home, school or in a park, wherever they feel most comfortable. For the parent/s they may require to see the worker in their lunch break at work or at home after hours, this can be arranged.
- Assist to improve the young person’s relationships with family and of friends by providing individual support, information, counselling and mediation
- Assist with education, employment or training programmes
- Link young people to community networks and support services
- Assist parent/s/carers to access any further supports they require
- Provide service to the young person or family for approximately 12 weeks
Referrals can be made by the young person, families, schools or any agency by phoning Reconnect on 9235 7062 during office hours Monday to Friday 9-5pm. If the office is unattended, then please leave your name and number and staff will get back to you as soon as they can. Staff can also be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Box 11, Cale House
52 The Crescent
Midland WA 6056