Parkerville Children and Youth Care advocate for and provide specialist care and services to those most vulnerable in the WA community, including children, young people and families who have experienced trauma from abuse.
CARING SINCE 1903
From our humble beginnings as an orphanage in 1903, our organisation continues to deliver therapeutic, family support, early intervention and prevention, youth and foster care services to some 10,000 children, young people and their families in metropolitan and regional Western Australia in the last year alone.
We support our community by providing:
- Safe, nurturing and healing homes for children and young people who can no longer live with their families
- Specialist mental health services for children, young people and adults who have experienced trauma from abuse
- Reparative experiences with trusting and safe relationships that allow children, young people and families to heal from the harmful impacts of trauma
- Support to help families find their strengths, connect with family, community and culture so they can thrive and stay safe together
- Education and early intervention to the community so they can be better informed and help their children develop their full potential and stay safe
- High-quality education for professionals on the prevention, impacts and treatment of trauma from abuse
At Parkerville Children and Youth Care, we have over 175 staff with a wide range of experience, educational backgrounds and specialist skills. Our team includes psychologists, social workers, teachers, occupational therapists, professional and respite carers, administrative and corporate staff.
Our organisation comprises of a Leadership Team which has significant practitioner and leadership experience in areas of child protection, out-of-home care and provision of secondary family support services.
In addition to this, Parkerville Children and Youth Care gained accreditation as a Child Safe Organisation in 2016.
At Parkerville Children and Youth Care, we strive to live our values in all we do to provide the very best care to the children we serve