Carer - Perth Metropolitan
Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. have multiple opportunities for Carers to join our cottages within the Perth Metropolitan area!
To work with the community to help make WA the safest place in the world to bring up children.
What we do
Over a century of service caring and supporting children and young people who have experienced trauma through neglect, family domestic violence and child sexual abuse.
About the Role
We are seeking a Carer within our Out of Home Care programme to provide therapeutic care to children who have experienced trauma from abuse and / or neglect. It is a requirement of this role that the successful applicant must have received their 1st COVID-19 vaccination prior to 1 December 2021 and be fully vaccinated prior to 31 December 2021. The successful candidate will need to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to commencing this role.
The Therapeutic Carer’s primary role is to provide a safe, structured, nurturing and supportive environment to meet the emotional and physical needs of children and young people by:
• Working within a trauma informed approach to ensure an environment that provides a sense of safety, structure, acceptance and security at all times for children, young people and staff.
• Ensuring that the children and young people’s rights and interests are protected at all times.
• Having the ability to understand and respond appropriately to children and young people who have experienced trauma and abuse when they are displaying challenging and disruptive behaviours.
• Liaising with the Practice and Team Leaders to implement the Individual Care plans for each child.
• Providing a culturally safe and responsive environment for Aboriginal Children and Young People
• Having or being committed to developing knowledge of Aboriginal family structure and kinship systems.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• A relevant qualification or at least 3 years of relevant experience and / or
• A knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and an awareness of the current issues faced by Aboriginal children, young people and their families.
If this sounds like the right role for you, please visit Carer (parkerville.org.au) to review the Job Description and download an Employment Application Form. Then submit your:
• Completed Employment Application Form
• Cover letter and statement (no more than two A4 pages), outlining your skills, knowledge and experience in relation to the essential criteria shown above
• A CV / Resume
For any job-related enquiries, please contact Paul Hogan, Program Manager, on 0439 151 562 during business hours.
Applications should be submitted no later than 4:00pm, Friday 3 December 2021. Applications will be dealt with as they are received. We reserve the right to close the position earlier.
Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in September 2019.
Parkerville Children and Youth Care is committed to increasing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
Our recruitment and selection processes reflect this commitment and will include criminal records and reference checks for successful applicants.
It is essential that all applicants meet the above criteria and are permitted to work and remain in Australia with no limitations.