Carer (Perth) - Multiple Opportunities Available
Casual OR Full-Time
We have multiple opportunities for Carers to join our team across our Perth cottages on a casual or full-time basis!
Our Vision is to work with the community to help make WA the safest place for children and young people. With over a century of service, we care for and support children and young people who have experienced trauma through neglect, family domestic violence and child sexual abuse.
About the Role
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about supporting the lives of children and young people in Out of Home Care.
These roles are live-in and consist of up to 24-hour shifts on a rotating fortnightly roster, offered on a casual or fixed-term full-time basis. Casual roles are offered with a high level of flexibility and our full-time roles are offered on a roster of 7 days on 7 days off.
As a Carer of children and young people, you have an opportunity to support children and young people in having positive life experiences that are culturally, socially, and emotionally safe by:
- Providing a home environment that nurtures and supports children and young people who have experienced trauma and abuse when they are displaying challenging and disruptive behaviours
- Providing a culturally appropriated safe and responsive home environment for Aboriginal children and young people.
- Providing activities and supports for children or young people in ways that meet their developmental and cultural needs.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated skills to engage in culturally safe ways with children and young people who have been impacted on by abuse and trauma.
- Demonstrated ability to respond in a caring and responsive manner with children and young people who have been impacted on by abuse and trauma.
- Demonstrated cultural knowledge, expertise and understanding of the impact of intergenerational trauma and how this effects children and young people who have been impacted on by abuse and trauma.
- Demonstrated awareness and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and cultures along with awareness of the key issues which impact upon Aboriginal communities.
- Demonstrate the commitment to continually build knowledge of the above important requirements of the role.
If this sounds like you, please visit Carer (Perth) - Multiple Opportunities Available (parkerville.org.au) to submit your Cover Letter and Resume. We hope to hear from you by 4:00pm, Friday 11 February 2022.
Would you like to know more? For casual opportunities, reach out to Lauren Stewart, Team Leader, on 0419 048 096. For full-time opportunities, reach out to Paul Hogan, Program Manager, on 0439 151 562.
Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in September 2019.
We are committed to increasing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
It is a requirement of this role that the successful applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The successful applicant will need to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to commencing this role.
Parkerville Children and Youth Care have a zero tolerance to alcohol and drugs.