WHAT DO WE DO?
Our Child and Parent Centres aim to provide high quality, accessible AND targeted programmes and services for children pre-birth to 8 years of age and their families. The services and supports provided by our team at the centres, aim to increase the capacity of families to provide experiences and home environments that enable children to thrive in all developmental domains.
Although based at independent school sites, our centres are a community resource that enable the local community to access a coordinated range of services for children and their families.
The types of programmes and services that may be provided include, though are not limited to:
- Antenatal education and child health checks and referrals
- Parenting information and programmes
- Mental health, disability and psychology services
- Allied health services, including speech and occupational therapy
- Information sessions on supporting children’s physical, cognitive, language, and social and emotional development
- Early learning and development programmes with parental involvement, such as playgroups
Whilst many activities are held at our Child and Parent Centres, others may be held at various locations throughout the community to make it easier for parents to attend. The Child and Parent Centres provides their services based on what is needed and wanted within the community, so ideas and feedback from local families is very important.'
If you would like to become more involved in your Child and Parent centre community, or have any ideas and requests for services, please contact the manager for Brookman and Westfield Park CPC’s Matthew Wilson on 9258 4646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org