The Parkerville Children and Youth Care MOMO programme assists young people aged 15 to 21 years who are homeless, at risk of homelessness and/or residing in crisis or short-term accommodation services.
The MOMO staff can connect with young people within the South and North-East areas of the Perth Metropolitan region.
If you are uncertain whether your location is in one of these areas, please contact the MOMO programme on 9235 7021.
MOMO is an outreach service and our friendly staff will visit the young person at their accommodation service or another agreed venue. Popular locations for us to meet are public places such as libraries, parks and fast food venues.
Services THAT we provide
The MOMO programme staff can assist young people to:
- Plan stable, long term accommodation options
- Access Centrelink payments and support where applicable
- Assist with access and engagement to education, training and/or employment options
- Create links with other support services to address a range of health, financial and other needs
- Increase their contact with safe and supportive family, social and community networks
Referrals can be made by: young people, parents, carers, schools, other agencies.
To make a referral or to find out more, please call us on 9235 7021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This service is FREE and voluntary.
What to do in a Crisis?
The MOMO programme is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. If you find yourself in a crisis situation, contact Crisis Care on 9223 1111. The phone line operates 24 hours, 7 days a week and is an information and counselling service for people in crisis needing urgent help.