Our Out of Home Care programme provides a holistic, multi-disciplinary and therapeutic care service for vulnerable children. Our aim, as a team of committed staff, is to bring healing and growth to children’s lives.
As a Casual Support Worker, you will work in partnership with the Respite Carer and Professional Therapeutic Carer in the direct care of children in our Family Group Homes.
- Provide relief cover on a casual basis which may include weekend shifts, over night shifts, cover for support hours on weekdays and primary carers’ annual leave absences;
- Work with and be part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Receive specialist training and support by programme staff so that you can be confident and effective in your role;
To be considered for this role, you must have previous direct care experience working alongside children with a trauma history and / or relevant Human Services qualifications.
You must be able to genuinely demonstrate empathy, guidance, respect and patience at all times. It is imperative you can work with minimum supervision and be highly self-motivated in this demanding, yet rewarding, role.
Interested? Please review the Job Description and download an Employment Application Form.
Your application, consisting of:
- completed employment application form
- covering letter
- CV or resume
- Current WWC card
- Current National Police Certificate (issued in the last 3 months)
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Provide 1st Aid Certificate
should then be sent to email@example.com
For further information please contact Paul Hogan on 09 9235 7000 during office hours.
Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in November 2016.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
Our recruitment and selection processes reflect this commitment and will include criminal records and reference checks for successful applicants.
It is essential that all applicants meet the above criteria and are permitted to work and remain in Australia with no limitations.
For further information please contact Paul Hogan on 08 9235 7000 during office hours.