Are you an experienced psychologist with strong leadership and management skills? Looking for new challenges and an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and specialised team of passionate clinicians?
The Stan and Jean Perron Child Advocacy Centre in Midland has an exciting opportunity for a suitably skilled and experienced professional. We are seeking a Clinical Psychologist or Senior Psychologist to provide leadership and management support within our specialist psychology team. The Stan and Jean Perron Child Advocacy Centre prides itself on excellence in therapeutic service. Alongside the Pursuit of Excellence Project, the team of therapeutic clinician’s work within a framework of robust principals to ensure evidence-based implementation whilst striving for innovation of practice.
The successful applicant will directly support the Clinical Manager in leading the clinical team; providing
- supervision to psychologists within the team
- consultation to other professionals, referrers, and stakeholders,
- management of client referrals and allocation,
- facilitation of training and workshops to internal staff and external agencies.
The role will also allow the successful applicant to maintain a small client load of individuals clients and the opportunity to be involved in the exciting Pursuit of Excellence Project which is a joint collaboration with Australian Centre for Child Protection.
In addition to highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, the following skill and experience is essential:
- Previous leadership and management of a professional team or individuals
- Experience in managing external stakeholders; including funding bodies and community
- Board approved supervision for general registration and endorsement (where applicable)
- Highly developed report writing skills
- Assessment and management of risk
The Stan and Jean Perron Child Advocacy Centre is uniquely positioned to provide clinicians with the following benefits:
- Well-appointed office environment
- Flexible working hours
- Salary Packaging of at least $15 900 per annum
- 2 hours per fortnight of individual clinical supervision
- 10 hours of peer supervision per year
- 4 days leave per year for CPD
- Specialist in-house trainings relevant to sector
- Working within a passionate and supportive team of Psychologists and alongside a multidisciplinary team including the WA Police and Child Protection on site.
This position will offer remuneration in the range of $95,000 to $105,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes full indemnity insurance for registration purposes.
Contact Sian Burgess for further job-related enquiries on (08) 9235 7000.
To apply please visit https://parkerville.org.au/careers/clinical-services-lead/ to review the Job Description and download an Application Form and Medical Details Questionnaire. Then submit your:
- Completed employment application form
- Completed medical details questionnaire
- Covering letter
- CV or resume
Applications should be submitted by COB Wednesday 14 October 2020.
The Stan and Jean Perron Child Advocacy Centre as part of Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in November 2016.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
Our recruitment and selection processes reflect this commitment and will include criminal records and reference checks for successful applicants.
It is essential that all applicants meet the above criteria and are permitted to work and remain in Australia with no limitations.
To discuss the role and your interest in it, please call:
Sian Burgess on 08 9235 7000