The Manager Financial Operations has overall responsibly for the effective and efficient management of all aspects of Parkerville Children and Youth Care’s finances. Key aspects of the role include;
- Development and maintenance of strong customer focus relationship with stakeholders and end users of financial operations and services
- Ensures the organisation meets all financial reporting, legal and legislative requirements
- Leads, develops, motivates and managers the human resources within the Finance Department to enable them to make an effective contribution to Parkerville Children and Youth Care and to achieve agreed targets, goals and objectives.
- Ensures that the operations and outputs of the Finance Department are delivered within the Mission Values and Ethos of the Parkerville Children and Youth Care and are in line with and support the strategic and business plans of Parkerville Children and Youth Care
- Lead and manage the business operations related to the delivery of Financial operations to ensure the delivery of results including sound financial management and quality outcomes for stakeholders and clients.
- Ensures that the appropriate controls are in place to safeguard the financial assets of Parkerville Children and Youth Care WA Inc.
- Develop implement and maintain effective financial strategies that support service delivery and ensures good governance and compliance and contractual obligations, legislative requirements and organisational policy and procedures. Develop, manage and implement all financial policies, processes and systems.
- Provide advice on the financial implications of management decisions and establishing the financial soundness of services, programs proposals at a strategic and operational level.
- Preparation and management of Parkerville Children and Youth Care’s annual budget. Provide monthly management accounting reports to CE and Directors with variance and data analysis
- Preparation of 1) Annual accounts 2) Monthly financial and management accounting reports for stakeholders.
- Manage the external audit process, liaising with auditors, providing reports and data, managing audit observations, feedback and follow up.
- Manage the data collection and reporting to meet the reporting requirements of funding bodies including financial data, outcome and key performance data.
- Management and control of Parkerville Children and Youth Care’s Financial assets including investments, motor vehicle fleet and ensures appropriate and adequate insurance policies are in place covering all the aspects of Parkerville Children and Youth Care operations.
- Manages payroll function, receivables, payables, tax and cash management covering all operations of the works of Parkerville Children and Youth Care.
- Ongoing review and development of financial systems, process and policies and delivery of financial literacy and service delivery training to all end users.
- Work within a code of conduct that requires confidentiality, accountability, safety and care to all.
- Uphold the Ethos of the Parkerville Children and Youth Care.
The successful applicant will have these essential requirements to meet the duties and responsibilities of the Manager Financial Operations:
- Qualified CA/CPA or equivalent
- Analytical conceptual and problem-solving skills particularly in finance and business management.
- Technical skills in the management of financial function.
- An understanding of contemporary trends and issues in financial management, information technology and e-commerce.
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate effective interaction and influence with management, staff, members and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to sound financial management and general management practices, including occupation health and safety, performance management and professional development of staff.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and think laterally in dealing with a wide range of issues.
- Highly developed relationship management skills and interpersonal skills and a capacity to engender cooperation, trust and openness amongst members, management and staff.
- Good understanding of the workings of a charitable organization.
- Sound knowledge of Accounting practices gained by practical experience and fully conversant with new SAAPs
- Must be proficient in the use of technology including email, the internet, Microsoft Office and a wide array of accounting software packages but especially Greentree Accounting software.
In return there is an attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary
- A fully maintained car for business and personal use
- A mobile phone and laptop for use in connection with your duties
- Access to salary packaging opportunities and discounted health insurance plans
Interested? Please review the Job Description and download an Application Form. Your application, consisting of:
- completed employment application form
- covering letter
- CV or resume
should then be sent to email@example.com.
For further information and to express your interest in this position, please contact:
Rob Wilton on 08 9235 7000.
The closing date for your expression of interest is COB Monday, 29 April 2019.
Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in November 2016.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
Our recruitment and selection processes reflect this commitment and will include criminal records and reference checks for successful applicants
It is essential that all applicants are permitted to work and remain in Australia with no limitations.
For further job related information please call
Rob Wilton on 08 9235 7000