In the role of Respite Carer you will work in partnership with the primary Professional Therapeutic Carer in the direct care of and support to children in our Family Group Homes.
- Provide relief on a continuous roster (weekend cover on a fortnightly basis and support hours on weekdays during the day and at night time);
- Provide coverage of the primary carers’ leave absences;
- Work with and be part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Receive specialist training and support by programme staff so that you can be confident and effective in your role.
To be considered, you must have experience either in or directly relevant to this type of role and be able to genuinely demonstrate empathy, guidance, respect and patience at all times. It is imperative you can work with minimum supervision and be highly self-motivated in this demanding yet rewarding role.
In return there is an attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience
- Generous annual leave
- Access to a fully maintained vehicle for work purposes
- Salary packaging options and access to discounted health insurance plans
Interested? Please review the Job Description and download the Application Form. Your application, consisting of:
- completed employment application form
- covering letter
- CV or resume
should then be sent to email@example.com.
To discuss the role and your interest in it, please call Shenali Manuel on 08 9290 1200 or 0419 911 478 during office hours.
Applications must be submitted by COB Monday, 20 May 2019.
Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in November 2016.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
Our recruitment and selection processes reflect this commitment and will include criminal records and reference checks for successful applicants.
It is essential that all applicants meet the above criteria and are permitted to work and remain in Australia with no limitations.
For further job related information please call
Shenali Manuel on 08 9290 1200 or 0419 911 478 during office hours..