Full Time on a Fixed Term Contract
In the role of Respite Carer you will work in partnership with the primary Professional Therapeutic Carer in the direct care of and support to children in our Family Group Homes.
- Provide relief on a continuous roster (3 day weekend cover on a fortnightly basis and support hours on weekdays during the day and at night time);
- Provide coverage of the primary carers’ leave absences (6 weeks per year);
- Work with and be part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Receive specialist training and support by programme staff so that you can be confident and effective in your role.
To be considered, you must have previous direct care experience working alongside children with a trauma history and / or relevant Human Services qualifications. You must be able to genuinely demonstrate empathy, guidance, respect and patience at all times. It is imperative you can work with minimum supervision and be highly self-motivated in this demanding, yet rewarding, role.
In return there is an attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience
- Generous annual leave
- Access to a fully maintained vehicle for work purposes
- Salary packaging options and access to discounted health insurance plans
Interested? Please review the Job Description and download an Application Form or call 08 9235 7061 for an Application Pack to be sent to you. Your application, consisting of:
- completed employment application form
- covering letter
- CV or resume
should then be sent to email@example.com.
To discuss the role and your interest in it, please call Beki Smith on 0418 407 310 during office hours.
Applications must be submitted by COB Friday, 28 February 2020
Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in November 2016.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
Our recruitment and selection processes reflect this commitment and will include criminal records and reference checks for successful applicants.
It is essential that all applicants meet the above criteria and are permitted to work and remain in Australia with no limitations.
Beki Smith on 0418 407 310 during office hours.