Fixed Term Full Time
Our Out of Home Care programme provides a holistic, multi-disciplinary and therapeutic care service for vulnerable children. Our aim, as a team of committed staff, is to bring healing and growth to children’s lives.
As a Team Leader Therapeutic Foster Care you will be responsible for the case management of children who are placed within the therapeutic foster care placements including:
- The provision of support and advocacy for Therapeutic Foster Carers
- Recruitment, assessment and review of Therapeutic Foster Carers
- Training and development needs of all Foster Carers within the Therapeutic Foster Care Programme
- Participation in the after-hours/on-call service on a rostered basis
The successful applicant will have these essential requirements to meet the duties and responsibilities of Team Leader Therapeutic Foster Care:
- Qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or relevant Human Services
- Significant experience in case management of children affected by abuse and trauma
- Significant experience in writing Foster Care Assessments
- Experience of recruiting Therapeutic Foster Carers through advertisement and recruitment campaigns
- Experience in case allocation/case management related to children in the care of The State and the capacity to work as a member of the Parkerville Children and Youth Care multi-disciplinary team
- A high degree of initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Understanding of the complexities of abuse and trauma for children and an understanding of the issues and challenges facing these children
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse range of professional and non-professional staff
- Experience with working in Assist and Objective database will be highly regarded
In return there is an attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary
- A fully maintained car for business and personal use
- A mobile phone and laptop for use in connection with your duties
- Generous annual leave options
- Access to salary packaging opportunities and discounted health insurance plans
Interested? Please review the Job Description and download an Application Form or call 08 9235 7061 for an Application Pack to be sent to you.
Your application, consisting of:
- completed employment application form
- covering letter
- CV or resume
should then be sent to email@example.com.
For further information and to express your interest in this position, please contact Beki Smith (Geraldton) on 08 9964 8690.
The closing date for your expression of interest is Sunday, 30 June 2019.
Parkerville Children and Youth Care Inc. has met the Safeguarding Children Standards set out by the Australian Childhood Foundation and received full Safeguarding Children accreditation in November 2016.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment.
Our recruitment and selection processes reflect this commitment and will include criminal records and reference checks for successful applicants
It is essential that all applicants are permitted to work and remain in Australia with no limitations.
For further information and to express your interest in this position, please contact:
Beki Smith (Geraldton) on 08 9964 8690.