Parkerville Children & Youth Care can always do with your help
We are one of Western Australia’s oldest and most respected charities and have been providing care and protection to vulnerable children and youth in need for over a century.
As we rely on the support and generosity of the Western Australian community, the time, skills and commitment given by volunteers are valuable resources to us, as they make a real difference to the lives of the children and youth we support. Our historic main campus is situated in the picturesque eastern hills of Perth, just 15 minutes from Midland. We also have a base of operations in Armadale at the George Jones Child Advocacy Centre and operate ‘cottages’ throughout the metropolitan area. We can cater for both big or small groups and can offer a range of work at a number of sites.
Where possible, our corporate volunteering experiences engage the assistance of the Education, Employment and Training (EET) programme enabling volunteers to work alongside young people who avail of our programmes and services and directly benefit from the work of the volunteers. It is a great opportunity for our volunteers to gain a greater understanding of the issues facing these young people and how they benefit from their involvement with Parkerville Children and Youth Care.
As a Child Safe Organisation Parkerville Children and Youth Care respects the rights of children and young people and are committed to prioritising their safety and taking every action necessary to provide a safe environment for children and young people to thrive. We welcome advocates within the community to volunteer time and make a real difference to vulnerable people.
How can you help?
Parkerville Children and Youth Care rely heavily on the support and generosity of the Western Australian community. The time, skills, resources and commitment given by our volunteers are invaluable to us, making a real difference to the lives of the children, young people and families that we support. As a corporate volunteer, there are many ways you can get involved and help support the work that we do, this includes (but isn’t limited to!);
- Corporate volunteering – Arrange a team building day while giving back to the community. Location, time and dates are flexible and activities can include; gardening, building maintenance, event preparation and support, as well as other special projects
- Social media – Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram
- Keep up to date – Read our latest Annual Report and subscribe to our Newsletter
- Workplace giving – Make regular tax-deductible donations through your pre-tax salary
- Spread the word – Become an advocate, share our social media posts and videos, talk about the work we do and how your company supports Parkerville Children and Youth Care
- Share our relationship – Let your followers know about your corporate volunteer day/s in your Newsletter, Intranet and on social media, and add our logo to your email signature to show your support!
- Attend our events – Purchase a table at our fabulous Annual Charity Lunch being held October 11th 2019, attend our Annual Family Day Picnic on April 7th 2019, or keep an eye on our website for other exciting events held throughout the year
- Let us speak – Invite us to speak at your staff meetings or corporate events
- Fundraise – Hold fundraising events on our behalf, contribute to our Christmas Toy or Easter Egg Appeal or compete in events like the HBF Run for a Reason
- Buy a Brick – By pledging $250 a month, or by donating a one-off amount of $3,000 (as an individual or a team), you can buy a brick and help build the Stan & Jean Perron Child Advocacy Centre – a safe place for those who have suffered trauma from abuse
Regular or one-off fundraising initiatives are another way some corporates choose to support us. Examples of fundraising initiatives include:
- Casual dress days
- Morning teas
- Corporate team events e.g. the City to Surf, HBF Run for a Reason, Rottnest Channel Swim etc.
- Producing your own fundraising event benefiting Parkerville or making us a beneficiary of an established event
- Supporting or sponsoring one of our fundraising events like Spring Forward or our annual Charity Lunch
We have full Deductable Gift Recipient (DGR) status and are open to supporting any fundraising initiatives or ideas offered.
For further information regarding Corporate Support please contact Melissa Harrison, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Beacon Road, Parkerville WA 6081