The Trauma Assessment and Treatment Service (TATS) offers individual counselling and specialist assessment to children, young people, parents/carers and families. TATS provides a range of interventions aimed at improving family functioning and specialises in the treatment of trauma related issues.
All TATS clinicians are Psychologists, many of whom have clinical specialty and experience in working with children, young people and families specialising in the area of abuse.
Who can receive support and treatment from TATS?
Children, young people, parents/ carers and families who have witnessed or experienced:
- Domestic violence
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Physical abuse; or
- Have been exposed to significant tension or stress within the family.
- Demonstrate challenging, concerning or risk-taking behaviours.
Treatment Strategies at TATS
Comprehensive assessments are provided for each client. TATS Psychologists design an individualised treatment plan for each client and discuss treatment objectives and processes periodically during treatment. Treatment strategies are evidenced based where possible and include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) including:
- Relaxation training
- Cognitive re-processing
- Exposure therapy
- Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Motivational Interviewing
- Skills Training (problem solving, anger management, social skills, parenting, behaviour management)
TFS is able to provide group programmes for children and young people including:
- Protective Behaviours: a personal safety programme which empowers people to deal with difficult situations.
- Other Group Programmes are available upon request, such as: Young Adolescent Girls Child Sexual Abuse Treatment Group, Parenting Support Group for those with children who have experienced sexual abuse, Seasons for Growth, The Cool Kids Anxiety Programme, PASH with a Twist and Aussie Optimism.
Referrals to TATS can be made under the Medicare Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) system by
- Department for Child Protection
- Self referrals
- Via other agencies.
TATS is offered on a fee paying basis of $155 per session. However, TATS will bulk bill those clients with a MHCP from their GP. Clients will have no ‘out of pocket expense’ for the service.
Phone Number: (08) 9349 9180
Address: 8 Cobbler Street, Mirrabooka WA 6941
Phone Number: (08) 9391 1900
Address: 2 Wungong Road (corner Church Ave), Armadale WA 6112
Phone Number: (08) 9235 7000
Address: Midland Cale House, Box 11, Cale House, 52 The Crescent, Midland WA 6056
9:00am to 5:00pm weekdays with evening appointments available on request.